Friday, May 3, 2013

7 Weeks of Sleep Deprivation Later...

A proud big brother.
Well the little princess is 7 weeks old now and we are starting to get used to the coffee buzz and complete inability to do anything for ourselves. Ah the joys of being a parent.
Meara laughed for the first time last night. It was such a beautiful thing. I was tickling her and she had a very brief chuckle. I can't seem to get her to do it again, but that is all right, babies don't usually laugh until about 4 months. She is about as big as a 4 month old though, we had her weighed on the 23rd and she was 14 lb 4.6 oz then. I think she is already working on pound 16.
Yesterday, by the way, was Dan's birthday. Happy birthday, Love!
I have been sewing so many diapers. I am really quite impressed with how far my sewing skills have come with each of these little projects. I feel like my diapers are good enough to sell now. If Meara would just give me the time to sew it would be perfect.
The little princess has started sleeping in her cradle again. Yay! I bought her a nursery projector (I highly recommend this product) and suddenly it is so much easier to get her to sleep. She just loves watching the images on the wall. She lies there cooing at them. So adorable.
Life in this family is starting to slowly become routine, I have been eagerly waiting for that.
Tomorrow is Gram's memorial. I have been missing her, it is unfortunate that she never got to meet little Meara. It will be nice to see everyone again. The good thing that comes out of the darkness is the reconnecting with family.
So Gregory is ready for kindergarten. He has gone for his shots (gets a few boosters that he had missed later this month, poor kid) and just can't stop talking about it. Joseph has started reading chapter books, he has finished the first three Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and is working on the first Lemony Snicket book. I don't remember reading books like that till grade 4. I am pretty proud of that kid.
Well, this is about all the time I can spare.
Megan



The closest to a smile that I have been able to capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, and always read them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...